- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- 1-1/4 cup grape juice
- 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and shortening. Add 1/2-cup grape juice and mix into a stiff dough.
- Roll dough very thin on a floured board and cut into strips 1/2” wide and 1” long.
- Mix 1-cup grape juice with 1-cup water in a saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Drop dough pieces into boiling grape juice and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve dumpling with small amount of liquid.