Green Pesto Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta as directed, without salt. Drain.
- Place basil leaves, garlic and Parmesan cheese in a food processor and pulse to chop. Gradually stream olive oil into the basil mixture and continue to pulse the mixture, scraping the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Pour basil pesto sauce onto the pasta and toss to coat evenly before serving.