Italian Style Vegetables & Pasta with Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces chicken, cooked
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pasta twists, cooked
- Chop bell pepper and onion. Dice chicken.
- Place oil in a large nonstick frying pan and stir-fry the bell pepper, onion and broccoli. Sprinkle with the rosemary, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Mix chicken broth with cornstarch and add to vegetable and chicken mixture. Cook until thickened slightly. Stir in the cup of hot cooked pasta.
- Remove from heat and serve.