Lemon Flavored Couscous with Zucchini
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- Chop celery, onion and parsley. Quarter and slice zucchini.
- In a sauce pan, combine the water and oil and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice with zest, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat and sauté celery, onion and zucchini until softened.
- Transfer into a large serving dish and mix together the cooked couscous, the vegetables, cranberries, parsley, lemon juice and seasonings. Fluff with fork before serving. Serve hot.