- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and vegetables in separate pots according to package directions, but omitting salt. Drain.
- Pour low-sodium chicken broth in a medium-sized stockpot and heat on low heat.
- Add flour to broth whisking vigorously to avoid clumps from forming.
- Add half and half and garlic powder and stir.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Add cooked vegetables and pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.