Savory White Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice celery, green onion and mushrooms.
- Pour rice into saucepan. Add chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Add celery, green onion, mushrooms to boiling broth. Lightly press vegetables into broth. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until broth has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Add margarine and pepper. Mix until rice is coated.