Shrimp Fried Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup small pre-cooked, frozen shrimp
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups white long-grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dice onion and chop scallions. Mince garlic and ginger root.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cook until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and stir frequently until heated.
- Add peas and carrots and stir until heated. Place shrimp and vegetable mixture into a large covered bowl.
- Return skillet to the heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Pour eggs into the skillet and scramble until done. Remove eggs to the bowl with shrimp and vegetables.
- Return skillet to heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 4 cups cooked rice and stir to heat and coat with oil.
- Season rice with salt and pepper and let rice sit in skillet without stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Stir rice and add the shrimp, vegetables and eggs. Serve hot.