Stephanie’s Wholesome Lasagna
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 1/2 cup Portabella mushroom
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oven ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven 375° F.
- Set cream cheese out to soften. Dice tomato. Slice mushroom and zucchini. Remove kale from stems and chop coarsely.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 egg and 1/2-cup water. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine cooked ground beef, 1 egg, 1/4 cup water, garlic, basil and oregano. Mix with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Sauté mushrooms and kale in remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- In an 11" x 7" pan, spread 1/4 of the ground beef mixture on bottom of pan. Top with 4 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread half the cream cheese mixture, about 1/4-inch thick, over noodles.
- Layer zucchini, sautéed mushrooms, kale and remaining ground beef mixture evenly over noodles.
- Repeat noodle and cream cheese layer. Top with diced tomato. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, cut into 8 portions and serve.