- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 cups white rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pieces cardamom
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 6 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons crushed green chilies
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, wash rice under cold water and pour the water out. Repeat twice. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add oil, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Once the spices begin to change color, add uncooked rice and frozen vegetables to the pan. Stir rice, vegetables and spices together for about 2 minutes.
- Add warm water to the pan. Stir in chili, ginger and salt.
- When water starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Cook 20 minutes or until rice is soft and fluffy.
- Remove from heat and serve.