- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups celery
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Chop onion and dice celery. Set aside.
- Add stock and water to medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the quinoa and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion mixture from the heat. Add quinoa to the onion mixture. Stir in the parsley, sage, garlic and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add cranberries to dressing and mix.
- Transfer the dressing to an 8" square pan and bake for 30 minutes.