Renal-safe Macaroni and Cheese
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup elbow pasta, uncooked
- 1 jar Kraft® Pimento Cheese spread made with cream cheese, 5-ounces
- 4 ounces canned Ortega® diced green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse and drain green chilies.
- Cook noodles in boiling water without salt or butter until the noodles are al dente.
- Drain noodles. While noodles are hot, add the pimento cheese spread and chilies.
- Stir until the cheese spread is melted into the noodles.
- Serve hot. Add pepper at the table for taste, if desired.