Greek Turkey Pitas
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 fresh tomato
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 white pitas, 6-inch size
In skillet, heat oil and brown ground turkey; separate larger pieces with fork.
- Chop onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, oregano, thyme and black pepper to skillet with turkey; cook until onion is soft.
- Add vinegar. The turkey mixture can be refrigerated at this point until ready to serve pitas.
- Cube cucumber into small pieces; thinly slice tomato and split scallions in half.
- In a separate bowl, gently mix the cucumber into the sour cream; let stand while the pitas are prepared.
- In a skillet lightly coated with olive oil, brown the pitas on both sides; stack pitas on a plate and cover to keep warm. Cut pitas in half.
- Stuff each half with the meat mixture, and top with the sour cream mixture; serve with a scallion half and a tomato slice as a garnish.