- CKD non-dialysis
1 pita pizza
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 2 ounces lean ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pieces pita bread, 6-inch size
- 2 tablespoons chunky tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Mince garlic; chop onion and bell pepper.
Combine ground meat, pepper flakes, fennel, garlic, onion and bell pepper in a nonstick frying pan. Sauté until cooked.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the pitas on it. Sprinkle with cooked meat and vegetable mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon tomato sauce on top of meat and vegetables. Sprinkle half the cheese over the top of each pita pizza.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until cheese is bubbly.