Veggie Crumbles Pita Pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pita pizza
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 whole wheat pitas, 6-inch
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetarian crumbles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- In a small nonstick skillet heat the vegetarian crumbles with 2 tablespoons water and the Italian seasoning blend until hot and most of the water is evaporated.
- Brush the bottom side or each pita with olive oil, then spread 1-1/2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on each pita.
- Distribute the vegetables and vegetarian crumble evenly over both pitas.
- Top each pita pizza with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.Bake for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted.