Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Recipe submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Arlene from California.
Serving size:1 slice, 3/4″ thick
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil in a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened then fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased 9″ x 5″ loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool before slicing.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories: 187
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Potassium: 69 mg
- Phosphorus: 75 mg
- Calcium: 46 mg
- Fiber: 1.1 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Cut each loaf into 10 slices.
- Make extra bread and freeze the loaves. Thaw a few hours before serving.
- If cranberries are unavailable, omit from recipe or substitute blueberries instead.