Asian Cabbage Slaw
- CKD non-dialysis
8 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup canned, sliced water chestnuts
6 green onions
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup chow mein noodles
- Finely dice green onions.
- Place shredded cabbage, water chestnuts, green onions and sesame seeds in large bowl.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar. Pour vinegar into oil and whisk until mixed.
- Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Toss to evenly distribute the dressing.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Add chow mein noodles and toss before serving.