Basil-Lime Pineapple Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups fresh pineapple
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Splenda© granular sweetener
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cube pineapple and quarter strawberries.
- Combine Splenda sweetener with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and lime zest.
- Cool to room temperature then strain through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
- Combine pineapple, strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Drizzle with Splenda mixture and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.