Carrot Pineapple Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
1 packet Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 10 ounces apricot nectar
8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup shredded carrots
- Put a glass bowl and beaters of a hand mixer into the freezer to chill.
- Pour 1 cup of the apricot nectar into a small saucepan and heat to a low boil. Place gelatin in a bowl and pour heated nectar into the gelatin and whisk to dissolve.
- Pour remaining nectar and canned pineapple, including juice, into the gelatin mixture. Stir in carrots. Place in the refrigerator until partially set.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Remove chilled glass bowl from the freezer and pour in the heavy whipping cream. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes to whip. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the partially set gelatin mixture and blend gently with a whisk or spoon. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.