Christmas Cranberry Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 ounces dry raspberry gelatin mix
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple, juice pack
- 1 pound raw cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- Make gelatin according to package directions, using drained pineapple juice for part of the liquid. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Chop pecans and dice celery.
- Chop or grind cranberries by hand or in a food processor.
- Mix remaining ingredients with cranberries, then blend into partially set gelatin.
- Pour into greased gelatin molds and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours until firm.