Creamy Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium apples
- 2 medium fresh pears
- 15 ounces canned peaches in light syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Cut apples, pears and peaches into bite-size pieces. Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place a metal bowl and metal beaters of a hand mixer in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes. Pour heavy cream into the bowl and mix with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream until mixed well.
- Just before serving, pour cream cheese mixture over fruit and gently stir.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.