Island Shrimp Slaw
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces frozen cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 6 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Chop onion, bell peppers and cilantro.
Thaw shrimp and pat dry.
In a large bowl, mix shrimp, coleslaw mix, onion, pepper, cilantro and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and remaining1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Pour dressing over shrimp cabbage mixture and toss well.
Chill for 2 hours and serve.