Italian Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound small shell pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 ounces tuna canned in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gherkin pickles
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, about 10 minutes. Remove eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- While eggs are cooking, boil 1 pound of small shells or ditalini pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Add pasta to a bowl and mix in mayonnaise.
- Add 6 ounces canned tuna and mix with pasta.
- Add chopped baby gherkin pickles and a tablespoon of pickle juice; mix with pasta.
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs and add to pasta.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!