- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 16-ounce box rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Finely mince onion, shred carrots, cut broccoli florets into small pieces, dice cucumber and chop bell pepper.
Combine vinegar, oil, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, celery seed and onion to make dressing. Set aside.
Cook pasta al dente; do not overcook.
Drain and rinse pasta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
Add parmesan cheese to pasta and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Two hours before serving, add the remaining vegetables, Mrs. Dash® and paprika, and toss. Add more dressing if needed or desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.