Red Cabbage Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups red cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup red kidney beans, unsalted
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, unsalted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thinly slice or shred cabbage.
- Place red kidney beans and corn in a strainer and rinse under running water for 1 minute; drain.
- Place cabbage, beans and corn in a bowl.
- Mince garlic. In a small jar with a lid, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar and sesame oil. Shake to mix ingredients, then toss with vegetable mixture. Garnish with cilantro.