Strawberry and Goat Cheese Spring Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 5 cups mixed baby lettuce/baby greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce; remove the stems of the strawberries and slice vertically; cut the goat cheese into 8 even pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together with a whisk.
- Mash half the strawberries together with a potato masher or fork, and add them to the bowl. The mixture will be chunky. Set the dressing mixture aside.
- Place the lettuce into a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix to coat.
- Divide the lettuce onto four plates. Slice the remaining strawberries and add them to each plate of salad. Top with 2 of the goat cheese slices on each plate.
- Add ground black pepper to taste.