- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Stem and mince parsley. Grate carrot. Mince onion and bell pepper.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken broth.
- Whisk to mix well. Add broth a few tablespoons at a time to moisten sauce to the consistency of applesauce.
- Taste and add 1-2 tablespoons more vinegar if desired (sauce should be highly seasoned).
- Serve sauce with meat or poultry. Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to 3 days.