- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup 1% low fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon no salt added catsup
Mix milk, water, wine, and hot sauce in small bowl and reserve.
- Place butter in saucepan and heat to melt. Add flour and stir over low heat for one minute. Stir in reserved milk mixture and bring to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Mix paprika and curry powder with catsup, then stir into the sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve over hot rice, pasta, chicken or fish.