Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- CKD non-dialysis
- 5 slices canned pineapple
- 1 small fresh pear
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 slices red onion
- Drain the pineapple slices. Wash the pear and cut into wedges. Wash the bell pepper and cut into strips. Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Spray the grill pan with cooking spray and place fruit and vegetables in the pan. (You may have to cook in two batches.) Cook about 5 minutes per side, until slightly browned.
- Place cooked pineapple, pear, pepper and onion in a food processor or blender. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Let salsa sit in the refrigerator overnight.