- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 cups mango
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Finely chop onion. Mince ginger root and garlic.Cut mango into chunks.
In a medium skillet heat oil and sauté onion until soft. Add ginger and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mango, sugar, vinegar, raisins, cranberries, pepper flakes and allspice.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking and stirring 10 to 15 minutes until fruit is soft and mixture is thickened.
- Refrigerate to chill. Serve with fish, poultry or meat.