White Gravy for Casseroles or Pot Pies
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- Finesly chop onion and celery.
- Melt margarine in a nonstick frying pan.
- Saute onion and celery in margarine until soft. Stir in flour, poultry seasoning and pepper. Stir over low heat for one minute.
- Add nondairy creamer, 1/4 cup at a time and stir until thickened. Ready for use in casserole or pot pie.