- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 large shrimp, frozen, peeled
- 2 green onions
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium yellow banana pepper
- 1 small fresh hot chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thaw the shrimp and discard the tails. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a food processor, add green onions, tomato, peppers and cilantro; pulse on-off button to chop to a very coarse consistency. Chunky texture is desired. Add lime juice, vinegar and garlic powder to the mixture.
- Place mixture in a serving bowl and add the chopped shrimp and olive oil.
- Peel and core the fresh pineapple. Place in the food processor and pulse to chop to coarse consistency. Add pineapple to the bowl with shrimp and vegetables. Fold ingredients together.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more before serving.