- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 large fresh shrimp
- 2 green onions
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium yellow banana pepper
- 1 small Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan, add 2 quarts water and garlic powder, onion powder and bay leaves. Bring water to a rolling boil and add shrimp. (Be sure the water covers the shrimp.) Cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 8 minutes. Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- Peel cooled shrimp and discard the shells. Chop shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- In a food processor, add green onions, tomato, peppers and cilantro; pulse on-off button to chop to a very coarse consistency. Chunky texture is desired.
- Add lime juice and vinegar to the mixture.
- Place in a serving bowl and add chopped shrimp.
- Peel and core fresh pineapple. Place in food processor and pulse to chop to coarse consistency.
- Add pineapple to the bowl with shrimp and vegetables. Fold ingredients together.
- Add olive oil and sea salt.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more before serving.