- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 24 ounces salmon filet
- Crush the garlic.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the salmon. Heat to a boil, and then reduce the temperature to low and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a sheet of foil slightly larger than the fish. Fold up the edges so the sauce stays with the salmon on the grill. Place the foil and fish on the grill. Top the salmon with the sauce prepared above.
- Cover the grill and cook for 12 minutes or until salmon is cooked. (Do not flip salmon). Cut the salmon into 6 servings.