Easy Shrimp in Garlic Sauce (high protein)
1/4 recipe (1 cup pasta, 6-9 shrimp, 3 tablespoons sauce)
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- Boil 3 quarts water in a large saucepan. Add 3 cups dry bowtie pasta; cook 12 minutes, then drain.
- While pasta is boiling, mince garlic and onion. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook until it turns orange, 1 to 2 minutes (do not overcook).
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese to skillet and stir with onion, garlic and butter to make a sauce.
- Add nondairy creamer and stir. Add the wine and stir until smooth. Return cooked shrimp to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Drain pasta, divide onto 4 plates and top with shrimp and garlic sauce. Season with 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and black pepper.