Golden Baked Halibut
- CKD non-dialysis
4 ounces (1 fillet)
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup green onion
- dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish or plate. Dredge fish fillets in bread crumbs to coat. Place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add yogurt and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff, then gently fold into mayonnaise mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion over fillets. Spoon mayonnaise mixture over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.