Lively Lime Shrimp
- CKD non-dialysis
8 large shrimp
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chili
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 32 large shrimp
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber
- Chop onion and cilantro. Mince chili, garlic and bell pepper. Thinly slice cucumber.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- For dressing, stir together lime juice, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, oil, garlic and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium size bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the dressing to marinade. Reserve remaining dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Remove shrimp from marinade and broil 3-inches from the heat source for 1-1/2 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Remove from broiler and immediately toss hot shrimp with reserved dressing and red bell pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange shrimp on cucumber slices and serve.