Maryland Lump Crab Cakes
- CKD non-dialysis
1 crab cake
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay® seasoning, 30% less sodium
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In medium bowl, pick through crab meat and remove any shell pieces.
- Cut bread slice into cubes.
- Add bread, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay®, chopped parsley, cayenne pepper and egg to the crab. Mix lightly until all ingredients are mixed together, but do not over mix.
- Use a 1/3 cup measure to portion out 6 crab cakes, each 3/4" thick. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In a heavy skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet) heat olive oil or cooking spray.
- Fry crab cakes until browned on both sides turning only once (about 5 minutes on each side).