- CKD non-dialysis
6 ounces tilapia
- 1 green onion
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 small carrot
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Siracha® hot sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup short grain white rice
- nori sheet 4 x 4 inches
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut fish into bite sized pieces. Very lightly poach fish in a non-stick pan using a small amount of water. Do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
- Thinly slice green onion; cube cucumber and avocado; and shred carrot.
- Combine fish in a bowl with green onion, lime juice, low-sodium soy sauce and sesame oil. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mix hot sauce into mayonnaise.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cut nori sheet into small pieces. Mix nori pieces and rice vinegar into the cooked rice. Divide into two serving bowls. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top each rice bowl evenly with cucumber, avocado, carrot, fish mixture and spicy mayo. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.