Salmon and Summer Squash with Dill Vinaigrette
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces salmon + 1/2 cup squash
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 2 medium crookneck squash
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chop shallot and dill weed. Cut squash into thin sticks 1/4″ x 2-1/2″.
- In a salad dressing bottle, combine shallot, dill weed, vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Rub salmon fillet with oil and season with pepper. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add salmon fillet, skin side down, and cook for 3-5 minutes; turn and cook 3-5 minutes or until cooked through and opaque.
- In a separate skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add crookneck squash, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until squash is tender-crisp.
- Remove skin from salmon filet and cut fillet into 4 portions. Arrange salmon and squash on a serving plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.