Salmon Burgers with Coleslaw
- CKD non-dialysis
1 burger with 1 cup coleslaw
- 1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- 15 ounces skinless boneless salmon (3 pouches, 5-oz each)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix together Greek yogurt, vinegar, onion powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Add coleslaw mix and stir until yogurt has coated the coleslaw mix. Refrigerate until burgers are ready to eat.
- Empty salmon pouches into a large bowl and break apart with a fork. Add egg, egg white, panko, dried dill and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Cook salmon burger for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve the salmon burger on top of about 1 cup of coleslaw.