- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 limes
- 1 pound fresh raw shrimp, medium-size
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 corn tortillas, 6-inch size
- Shred cabbage; chop onion and cilantro. Set aside. Mince garlic.
- Shell and devein shrimp. Place the shrimp in a dish and squeeze lime juice from half a lime over shrimp. Sprinkle with minced garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Turn shrimp to coat with marinade and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Make salsa blanca by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, juice of half a lime. Stir to combine and place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Do not overcook.
- Heat the corn tortillas, one by one, in a pan, until soft and warm. Wrap them in a clean dish towel to keep them warm until ready to serve tacos.
- To assemble tacos place 4 shrimp on each tortilla and top with salsa blanca, cabbage, red onion, cilantro and lime wedges. Add hot sauce if desired.