- CKD non-dialysis
1-cup chili plus 1/2-cup rice
1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken, boneless, skinless, cooked
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
Chop garlic, onion, celery, carrots and green pepper. Dice cooked chicken.
Pour oil in a large stock pot.
Sauté garlic, onion, celery, carrot and green pepper until soft.
Add low-sodium broth and bring to a boil.
Drain tomatoes. Drain and rinse kidney beans.
Add chicken, beans, tomatoes, salsa, chili powder and oregano to sauted vegetables. Simmer for 1 hour.
Serve 1-cup chili over 1/2-cup white rice. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon grated sharp cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream.