Maryland’s Eastern Shore Cream of Crab Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crab meat
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning®
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Melt butter in a large pot over moderate heat.
Chop onion and add to pot. Cook, stirring until onion becomes soft and transparent.
Add crab meat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
Combine nondairy creamer and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add to soup and increase heat slightly, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
Add dill weed, Old Bay seasoning® and pepper to soup. Ready to serve.