Old Fashioned Salmon Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 pound sockeye salmon, cooked
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Chop carrot, celery and onion.
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan on stove top burner set to medium-high heat. Add the vegetables to the saucepan and cook until tender.
- Add the pre-cooked salmon chunks to the pan.
- Stir in the chicken broth, milk and black pepper. Bring mixture to a near-boil, but do not boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour into broth mixture, stirring, until the soup is thickened.
- Simmer for another five minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!