Quick and Easy Ground Beef Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet® seasoning and browning sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup white rice, uncooked
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, peas and carrots)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Chop onion. In a large saucepan, brown ground beef with onion. Drain fat.
Add seasoning and browning sauce, broth, water, rice and mixed vegetables.
Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce to medium-low heat, cover and cook 30 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and serve.
Optional preparation method:
Mix uncooked ground beef, chopped onion, Mrs. Dash and Kitchen Bouquet together in a bowl. Roll into walnut-size meat balls.
In a large saucepan combine broth, water, rice and mixed vegetables. Bring to a boil on high heat.
Drop meatballs into the boiling broth, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.