Seafood Corn Chowder
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups liquid nondairy creamer
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 ounces surimi imitation crab chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Chop onion, celery and peppers.
In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, green and red peppers for 5 minutes until soft.
Add flour and cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
Gradually add chicken broth, stirring to blend. Bring to a boil.
Add nondairy creamer, evaporated milk, surimi, corn, black pepper and paprika.
Heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chowder is hot. Serve immediately.