Vegetarian Italian Wedding Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces Grillers® frozen vegetarian crumbles
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 10 ounces Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Chik’n Strips
- 3 tablespoons onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup acini de pepe pasta, uncooked
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Set the vegetarian crumbles out to thaw.
- Slice the spinach leaves. Dice the carrots and vegetarian chik’n strips. Mince the onion.
- Place the thawed vegetarian crumbles on a clean dish towel, cover and press to remove extra liquid.
- In a medium bowl add drained crumbles, beaten eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Combine thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into approximately 50 to 60 small veggie meatballs and set on a greased baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the veggie meatballs from the oven to cool.
- In a large stockpot heat the vegetable broth to boiling. Stir in the spinach, carrots, pasta and veggie meatballs. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently.
- Add diced vegetarian chik’n to the soup. Heat thoroughly and serve hot.