Broccoli-Onion Latkes (Pancakes)
- CKD non-dialysis
1 large latke or 2 small latkes
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dice broccoli and chop onion.
Boil the diced broccoli in a small amount of water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Break eggs into a medium bowl and beat. Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the broccoli and onion and stir into the flour/egg mixture until well mixed.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and heat.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls into the hot oil, making 4 equal portions (or 8 portions is smaller latkes are desired).
- Using a spatula, flatten the latkes and fry until brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel to soak up extra oil.
- Serve hot.