Garlicky Ginger Eggplant
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups Chinese eggplant
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mushroom pieces
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Slice eggplant into 1-1/2-inch long pieces. Mince garlic cloves. Chop basil.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet. Add eggplant, ginger, garlic, mushrooms and bean sprouts. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until eggplant begins to soften, 4-6 minutes.
- Add basil, chili pepper flakes and hoisin sauce to eggplant. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.