Low Potassium Style Fried Potatoes
- CKD non-dialysis
8 pieces (4" x 1/2" each)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 teaspoons ketchup
- Dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and soak or double-boil to reduce potassium if you are on a low potassium diet. (See details in helpful hints).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add potatoes to hot oil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove fried potatoes to a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Combine cumin, paprika and white pepper in a small dish or shaker. Sprinkle over hot potatoes and toss.
- Serve 8 fries with 2 teaspoons ketchup.