Pineapple and Pepper Curry
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger root
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, canned in juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chop bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Shred ginger root.
- Heat oil and when hot add ginger and red onion. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Microwave peppers on high for 6 minutes. Add the peppers to onion mixture. Close the lid of the pan and cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring to avoid burning peppers.
- Add pineapple tidbits and simmer for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and cilantro. Turn the vegetables once and let simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon juice before serving.